We’re making it a cinch to customize your real estate advertising message, with a variety of ads and flyers to help promote your business. For your convenience, the ads we’ve supplied can be easily
tailored to include information such as your address, phone number, photo, etc. Additional ads will be provided in future Action Packs. The ads have been created in two sizes: 2-column 4 114″ x 7’1 and 7″ x 10″. They are all camera-ready and can be reproduced directly by your publication or printer. Each slick includes detailed instructions to assist you and your printer in properly designing the ads.
How to Localize the Ads/Flyers
We’ve used non-reproducible blue type in some of the ads/flyers as suggested copy to localize your message. The blue type will also guide you in placing your photo, address and personal information. Please indicate to your publication or printer the correct place to insert your customized information. Please Note: All offices must place their company dba in the space below the logo. Please reference the Identity Standards Manual found in Section 2 of your Ad Kit.
To Create a Flyer: Simply take the 7″ x 10″ ads in this section, along with your photo and customized copy, to your printer. (Note: We’ve left room at the bottom of each flyer for those who wish to attach business cards.)
To Create Self-Mailers:
Use the self-mailer form found on the back of each ad slick. Take the ad, along with your photo and customized copy, to your printer. Make sure you use card stock that complies with postal regulations.
How to Plan Your Print Campaign
- Talk to sales representatives from local newspapers or magazines.
- Check the largest newspaper for regional editions. It may be less expensive to purchase space in a special edition that is highly targeted to your individual market, rather than in the entire run.
- Talk to your local representative about specific sections of the paper. The real estate section makes the most sense for your listing ads, but there may be a lifestyle or home section that is
just as effective.
- Reserve space in your selected newspaper or magazine.
- This is the perfect time to send an advertorial to the newspaper or magazine. Advertorials are pre-written news articles that are placed in the editorial portion of the publication. Using them
doubles your exposure.
- These pre-written advertorials are traditionally printed at no cost by local publications because they are considered news stories.
- Usually publications will be more than willing to use an advertorial, without any changes, because you are purchasing ad space.
- Refer to the Public Relations section of your Ad Kit, coming in September ’97, to find pre-written complete advertorials and more information on how you can make the best use of them.
- Send the camera-ready art in this section to the publication, along with photos and/or copy you want included in the ad.
- Request and review a proof of your ad if revisions have been made or copy set.
- Ask your representative about bonus merchandising, such as free or inexpensive reprints you
can use as farming or listing tools.
If you wish to book a 4-color ad, consider the following:
- What is the deadline for 4-color materials?
- Is the 711 x 1011 size, available through Merrill/May, acceptable to the publication?
- Can the publication use the 133-line screen negative available through Merril/May?
- What type of film negatives do they need you to request, Right Reading Emulsion Side Down (RRESD) or Right Reading Emulsion Side Up (RRESU)?
- Will the publication accept a 4-color chroma lin as a proof to match colors?
- Can the publication set/insert additional copy? Can they set the dba below the block logo?
- Will a proof of your revisions be made available?
If you have any additional questions about how to order 4-color materials, see the order form at the end of Section 5.0 or contact Merril/May at (800) 626-1452.