333 Wise Ave – Wayzata, MN. This lakeside retreat was featured in the 2016 Artisan Home Tour by builder Pillar Homes. Image courtesy Artisan Tour / Pillar Homes.
Seems like everywhere I turn right now I bump into a buyer who is seeking the $1,200,000 – $1,800,000 new construction package in Wayzata. It’s funny because everyone is kind of seeking the same thing–the $400,000+/- lot leaving about $1,000,000 for the structure. The problem is, there are very few $400,000 lots left in Wayzata–let alone in the downtown walking areas south of Highway 12 / 394. In fact it’s becoming downright impossible.
I met with a referral client last week who is seeking this exact scenario–and she pointed to the Artisan Home project by KC Chermak & Pillar Homes at 330 Wise Ave in the East Neighborhood as being ideal. KC, who is a neighbor and good friend does great work and has for many years.
The other challenge besides there being very few lots left in Wayzata, is that most of the owners of property who own functionally obsolete homes or homes that are in a state of disrepair know that their lots are very valuable as many agents and builders are constantly trolling the neighborhoods looking for opportunities to buy and build. There is one owner I know in town who every time I ask if he is willing to sell he quotes a higher number–much to my dismay as the first time I did bring him a full price offer which he subsequently declined.
I am familiar with a number of parcels in town that are available both on and off the MLS. These offerings are available at the lower price points and in the very upper bracket areas in town. Give me a call to discuss your options, I’d be happy to provide my expertise to buyers and sellers looking to make a move. Home builders and developers–contact me for off market development opportunities as I have several.
Notable MLS lots (as of this posting)
- 1052 Circle Drive – Three lots in the very hot East Neighborhood priced at $489k (Real Estate Corners)
- 184 Westwood Lane – Wayzata Highlands opportunity 2.43 acres (CBBurnet)
- 367 Ridgeview Dr – 1.38 acre lot offering substantial value north of Highway 12 $279k (CBBurnet)
- 264 Bushaway Road – Gated community 2 acre site by Lecy Brothers $829k (Re/Max Advantage Plus)
- 190 Westwood Lane S – 3.77 acres in the Wayzata Highlands open to any builder $795k (CBBurnet)
- 211 Byrondale – Lots of value here at $285k, build packages starting at about $850k, right side of Highway 12 (CBBurnet)
Contact me directly for NON-MLS opportunities too! Dan Gustafson (952) 473-1000. Ask for your no obligation Market Analysis too!